Friday, August 05, 2005

Hockey Rules!!

I love hockey. It is my favorite sport. While it was on strike here in the US the past year, I did not miss it as much as I thought I would. I think because the Eagles did so good this past season and getting Terrel Owens with his talent, gave us the sports/men's soap opera. I rarely listen to music radio. It is the same songs over and over. I do listen to WXPN - they have all this unique,unpop eclectic, singer song writer music. And our collage radio station has some great Jazz.

Anyway - Hockey was on strike because of $. There are way to many teams, the players are getting paid way to much money, some cities have more $ then others. There is a lot more to it but I am not Mr. Hockey. So what they did was put a Cap on how much a team can spend. I think it tries to even teams out. The games will be not be blow outs. Also, there are a bunch of new rules about the lines and overtime and...? who knows what else. I am a bit worried they will Change it so much that players will have to relearn how to play the game. I am glad we have Hitchcock as a coach.

When I was into hockey when I was younger, players stayed on the same team for a long while. It was a team. Now there are so many trades you don't even know who is on your team. BUT - I know who is on our team now! Peter Forsberg! No matter what happens it is going to be a fun season to watch.

Why?

1) We missed hockey
2) New rules
3) Forsberg and our rookies from the Phantoms
4) Terien Hatcher - (Glad he is on our team.)(I don't like him)
5) See if Priemo keeps up his role as cap-a-tin.
6) It is possible that Laclair can go to NY with Lindros.
7) The goalie issue is always fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will be an interesting season. The addition of the best set up man since The Great One (Gretzky, in case you lost your Hockey Bible), in Peter Forsberg will benefit the team on both sides of the game. One of the best skaters ever, along with his dominance on the power play, penalty kill, and even strength will make the players around him play better. The addition of Derian Hatcher solidifies an already steady defense with strong play both defensively and offensively and the bone crushing hit desperately needed in clearing the front of the net. Chris Therien returning??? Bad move. He sucks. Always has. Always will.If the Flyers played against Jaromir Jagr for 82 games a year, Therien would win the Norris Trophy. Esche and Nittimaki? Good tandem. Let's see if Antero steals Esche's job somewhere down the line. It's been a long year. Roenick, LeClair, Amonte.....all gone. We have Forsberg, Primeau, and Gagne. Philly is DYING for a Stanley Cup. Will it be in 2006? Stay Tuned...........


Long Live The "Mad Hatter" and Chemistry 101!!

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home