Wednesday, April 12, 2006

People

So -

At work I deal with a ton of people. Everyone knows me and has to walk by at 8AM.

"Hi Jim"
- "Good Morning Debie"

"Hi Jim"

- "Good Morning Joe"

"Hi Jim"
- "Good Morning Sofie"

"Hi Jim"

- "Good Morning Gabe"

I do this till 10:30 am.
I have done good with it.

I sit next to a fax machine with big sticky notes that I put on it saying that the paper goes face up. For years now I will still say in a nice way that the paper goes face up.

Next to the fax machine is a printer. There was a very slow one there and everyone complained. We have a very quick one now. Now it is always out of paper. All of the Partners sigh in disgust when they come over and it is out of paper. The paper is 2 feet from the tray that has to be fed. I do not want to hear your sigh that it is not filled.

It ends up being respect for the human you are working around. A closed-in building might change someone over a point of time. Yesterday was a beautiful day and when I walked out at 5PM - It was ... magical. It smelled good it felt good.

I do not think I am doing the best I can. For me or my (smile) family. Transition is hard.





**************************************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home